Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Gratitude



"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, and drink the wild air..."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

 I wanted to show my gratitude to those who have shared in The Heart Pebble Movement. Along with those who have stood by me throughout the most tragic loss in my life, this 60th blog posting contains some of the sentiments that I have been blessed with, for me and for Shayla. Many of you I have known for a long time, while some of you only came into my life as a result of my daughter’s passing. In our lives, we are all affected by grief, loss and death. What has mattered to me-someone who does not have immediate family- are the roots which bind me to each of you. They are forged in the knowledge... that I have not walked in the darkest shadows, unaccompanied. Rather I have had the warm embrace from those I call my friends. ~ T.L. Alton 
 
Rest In Peace Beautiful Shayla! You are loved and missed by so many people. I especially know how much your Momma Tonya and Dad Dave Love and Miss You! They're Wonderful people,  and I know you're watching over them!! Your Momma talks about you all the time like you're an Angel! And she always talks about the Precious Memories she's had with You and the Beautiful Person you turned into!! You're Momma has shared lots of Stories about You with me and her and I have several Memories of her sharing Your Stories! ;) Including standing in the parking lot of Shoppers Drug Mart for two hours as your Mom shares Amazing times she had with You, as there were some laughs and some tears! Shayla, You are loved by so many people! You left a Beautiful Imprint in this World!! May your Beautiful Soul Always Shine! With Love, Mindy XOXOXOX

 Shayla, we never met, yet I feel like I know you. I know your mom and she continues to keep your memory alive, so that you can keep touching people`s lives. Your spirit is with us, all around, your presence is strong. You are missed. ~Amanda

Oh Tonya, What a beautiful story.  Thank you for sharing it with me. I wish I could miraculously make all your pain and grief go away. I want you to know that I admire you a million times over. You have been so kind and thinking of others even while going through such sadness. Thank you for being my friend. Love TJ





 My dear Friend Tonya: I know we met through the most horrible of circumstances, but I’m so glad we met. Being a part of the “Pebble Movement” is awesome. Already a pebble in Morro Bay and Vegas, now for the Yukon and another beach in California! ! ~ Love Your Friend Katherine


 I honestly love the heart pebble movement!! Its meaning is indescribable!! Thank u so much for sharing your blog!! Xox  ~ Michelle

 Thx for sharing your newest addition to your blog. It is very beautiful and inspirational. I love that photo of Shayla!!!!!!! You have come so far in a short amount of time. I am so happy to hear you are writing again.~ Jenn


    When I started thinking about Shayla after you left it all came to me, I remember her as a fun loving, outgoing, beautiful young lady. I remember Shayla with her friends coming into central rez quite often. They would come to our events that we would hold, and she was always very involved. Shayla was a very bubbly young lady and I had a few nice conversations with her that I will now cherish forever. I can’t imagine how proud Shayla must be of you, I am sure she is watching you from above and smiling at the legacy you are continuing for her.  I live with knowing that she is somewhere happy and healthy and watching over us. She is our Angel! ~ Tammy

“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.”
Melody Beattie


 Tonya, the more we write to each other, the more I am absolutely in awe of all that you do. I cannot even a tiny little bit imagine what it is like to lose a child and yet, you can freely share with others about your loss and the incredible things you have done in honour of Shayla. I love that quote you shared - it is so true!!! You are such an inspiration, it is beyond words for me to express just how much of an inspiration you are to me and I can guarantee to others!!! ~Debbie 

 
Today you radiated more beauty than yesterday, the beauty of a woman. Don't let anyone (even yourself) ever tell you any differently! Xo ~ Sarah 
 
Thank you so much for sharing Tonya – and for directing people to the One Crash is Too Many site - you have a way with words. ~ Terri

2 comments:

  1. Tonya You have touched so many people's lives! Thank You for being a part of my life!
    Much Love Always Mindy XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your kind words my friend <3 I feels blessed by those who came into my life, during what was the most tragic loss! You have been there for me, through all of the ups and downs, always encouraging me along the way :) I have received care, love and support by those who know I will never move on... and understand the reality that I will never 'get over' the death of my only child. The meaning of Healing has a different value to it...I cherish the comfort I have received in the words of those I have posted here on this blog dedication<3 There are more of you who have come to hold my hand as I weep for my babygirl. That is really where the beauty of my acceptance is-as Shayla shines full of brilliance-my yin and yang now balance...a pebble in the waters, as her legacy carries on...<3

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post a comment. Remember after you have written something, please click on the options given, press continue and then click on PUBLISH. Thank You :)