Saturday, July 20, 2013

Star Princess



Video Link: Love Inc. You’re a Superstar   http://youtu.be/IZIDUwO-TfA




 "Ascension"
Copyright ©1987, Colleen Corah Hitchcock

On May 3rd, of this year, I attended at the Langley Events Centre, Be the Change Symposium.

STENBERG COLLEGE presented a day which was centered on inspiring speakers from around the world. They also merged together with organizations that had tables at the Opportunities Fair.

I attended the whole day and was motivated by Canadian activist Craig Kielburger, who is an advocate for the rights of children. Along with his brother Marc Kielburger, they co-founded Free the Children charity and Me to We social project.

I was fortunate to be given the opportunity to hear a group of young men speak about their adventures and book, aptly titled: What Do You Want To Do Before You Die? Later, I purchased their insightful book based on their journeys in life. The four, young men are renowned as “The Buried Life” and include: Duncan Penn, Jonnie Penn, Ben Nemtin and Dave Lingwood.

While autographing my copy of their book, I shared with each of them The Heart Pebble Movement. I mentioned if any of them could place a pebble for Shayla somewhere, it would mean a great deal to me…I am still eagerly awaiting a reply that possibly this was done :) 


On that day, I gained a deeper appreciative for those involved in ventures that are making such a dramatic ripple in this world. I spoke to people about my cause and heard the passion of others who were carving their own legacy into a society bereft with challenges.

In my connections with those in attendance, I shared about Shayla and her adoration as a ‘rock hound.’ I met many mothers and daughters, whose tears began to form, when I explained what the movement symbolizes. 


One of those ladies was Cathie Watters.  I received in my email, the following kind-hearted message:


Hello Tonya,
Just wanted to let you know that we sent off the rock for Shayla on Friday May 10th. We were on a cruise to Seattle on the
Star Princess and threw it off the balcony into the Pacific Ocean. We wanted to honor Shayla on our trip. I will send the pictures in the next three separate emails. I hope you like them. Bless you my dear.
Love Cathie





 Given the timing of it being my 2nd Mother’s Day spent without my babygirl, the array of lovely images-along with her shared words- truly meant a lot to me!



The beautiful notion that this release occurred on an excursion to Seattle- a place Shayla and I had many fond memories of- brought such comfort to my delicate heart. We had spent numerous times at Pike Place Market, attended a Bon Jovi concert at Key Arena, looked out at the world from the towering heights of the Space Needle and indulged in maple donuts covered in strips of bacon. 
Babygirl and Momma in Seattle for  Bon Jovi- The Circle Tour

The magnificence of the movement is that I never know, when out of the blue, I will receive an email, photograph or video of a pebble release. The idea that people, much like Cathie and her daughter, are inspired to share their journey with me and think of Shayla…means that a part of her now exists in their world. For this, I am deeply filled with gratitude and a sense of honouring my sweet angel, carries on…

By T L. Alton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post a comment. Remember after you have written something, please click on the options given, press continue and then click on PUBLISH. Thank You :)