Monday, July 15, 2013

Free from Confinement



The past does not equal the future-it is a stepping stone to living with intention...

 
*Special thanks to Katherine Zadworny for sharing this with me.

 After several months of taking a break from posting on The Heart Pebble Movement Blog, I now return with a profound realization. One in which I may have stopped writing, yet the continual placement of pebbles all over the world, has not. 
To abide by my promise to come back, I now will be posting once again on a regular basis. The cause I began last year in my daughter, Shayla’s memory has set the oceans alight. The countless ripples- made by the pebbles- have secured her legacy in a continuous motion of release.
My intention in taking a break was to build a bridge between my vast loss and the grieving journey I continue to be on. However, in seeking tranquility, I had my world turned upside down, by ‘circumstances’ which no longer aligned with my principles. The sole purpose of retreating from the writing world was to heal the scars left after my daughter’s death. What I met on the other side can only be described as the epitome of malice.
While I spent time unraveling myself from the thorny cavern of my ill managed refuge, I only had one thing to focus on…my release.  It has taken an immeasurable leap of faith in order to fully break from the place I once saw as my safe haven. I spent much time examining choices I made, people I trusted and how a person can be a prisoner of their own accord, even while living surrounded by invisible walls.
I observed the risks I took in allowing my heart to hope by opening the box where I had placed my unhappiness into. I peered inside and gained strength in knowing there is one characteristic that no one has ever taken from me…even though they tried to pry it from my soul, I still maintain my Resilience!
Evolving over time, along with my water logged baggage; I still contain the true essence of who I am.

“Grace is the state we are in when we are doing nothing but just being who we are.” ~ Madisyn Taylor


 It is this reason that I return from a battle of emotions-with a degree of blessings in drops of liquid tears- while shadows crossed mine. I write unconfined …liberated and the chance to reside in new surroundings where I am no longer a hostage. I embrace this movement while my free spirit is ignited by every story of a pebble released in honour of Shayla, which pays tribute to this beautiful young girl.
Over the past several months I have been sent pictures; images brighter than the rays of the sun, which illuminate the open cracks of the heavens above. From France, to Mexico, Las Vegas and Alaska, the pebbles have crossed oceans and been placed in spiritual places all over the world.
I continue to encourage those who want to participate, to send me an email: power2b@shaw.ca  and a description of where you have continued on the legacy of the travelling pebbles.
For me, to regroup on my grieving path, I released amongst the darkness of my world, a single feather in order to gain back my independence. In Christianity feathers represented virtues. An image of three feathers symbolizes charity, hope, and faith. My one feather represents the negative occurrences I have encountered. In setting it free, I now have allowed my heart to be open to the values that are key to my existence. 



By T L. Alton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post a comment. Remember after you have written something, please click on the options given, press continue and then click on PUBLISH. Thank You :)