Thursday, December 18, 2014

On the Twelfth Day of Christmas ~ Unbreakable







As I write my last post for 2014 on The Heart Pebble Movement Blog, I am in awe of what has taken place over the 12 Days of Christmas- a mother and daughter’s unprecedented version. 

One promise I made to myself was to never indulge in the “What-if’s” of experiences Shayla and I would have shared in December 2011. You cannot grasp hold of the limitless if your foot is cemented in the past. 

I have been exceptionally blessed by the true meaning of the season- giving, yet equally gifted by the beauty of receiving. Along the path of winter to come, I- as a bereaved mother- have been embraced by strangers, shared tears with other parents, found the glitter of HOPE in a butterfly heart necklace and been tenderly looked after by people, I hardly know. 


I can attest to sharing marvellous moments with ‘Angels,’ who have come in every form to a woman… who at times, has felt abandoned. When the Cimmerian shade of grief twists my emotions with such a massive force that blinds me, it is the hand of God reaching from the Heaven’s, to calm the angry ocean waters separating my split heart. 

Something in the Water            * Click on Link By Carrie Underwood


As the Lords breath whispers to me that I am HIS Creation, I do not fear my own existence concluding, because every night my hands folded in prayers…I am assured Life does carry on. These past twelve days have been proof of things whether visible or not- reminders of angels which simply means: “Messengers.” 


I believe they do take human form in order to carry out His will. That everyday miracles are deciphered only by those who experience them. I consider those who have assisted me, whether by helping me with my vehicle, paying for my groceries or offering a complimentary night’s stay in a beautiful hotel, to be awe-inspiring moments of grace. 

When I was fretting all week about having a ride to the Hospital for my surgery, I met a lovely couple in the most unlikely place, who have taken me under their wings and offered me a peace of mind. I received home-made Turkey soup from this ‘angel’ who was already thinking of my recovery!

There are times when you find yourself willing to open your eyes to the heavenly presence and accept that random knock...even if the door is bolted.

Much like nurturing the roots of a tree- taken from its original spot and re-located- I will require great care in re-establishing my own set of roots on an Island, I call home. 

The previous twelve days have all been gifts from my sweet angel, Shayla. I have received Commemoration, Luminosity, Nostalgia, Song, Tenacity, Reawakening, Capriciousness, Sparkle, Insight, Tradition and Reliance.
 
Each time I embarked on a new activity, I was reminded how our lives intersect with others in extraordinary ways! I also pondered on the aspect of receiving one gift that never materialized…or so I thought- the Gift of Love

I am not speaking of the basic love for one another, but rather the unquenchable encounter of meeting someone and seeing your names etched together on a tombstone. Much like J.R.R. Tolkien, whose insatiable passion for the woman he loved-Edith, saw him wait nearly three years to even lay a gaze upon her beautiful soul again. They are buried together and on their marker under their names are LĂșthien and Beren. In Tolkien's Middle-earth legendarium, they were characters he created to honour the love they shared in this world and the sacred realm.  


I believe all writers pour something of themselves into their passion…for me; it is the main inspiration of Christian and Skylar, who live on in the fortitude of my heart. 

When I went to post my last entry, it occurred to me that Shayla wanted me to have the most compelling present, right before my operation. It is the gift that has seen me withstand countless trials and tribulations- the one given to me was “Unbreakable.” 

Time after time, I have withstood storms that most would have been washed away by the pounding surf. I have endured betrayal, scorn, and torment at the very hands of some of those I have loved. I stood before a Police Officer and was handed the blows of death in losing my only child. I have trusted when I should have run and I have given until the life within me drained slowly away…

Yet this not only makes me human, like the rest of us…but also UNBREAKABLE!  With no crystal ball peering into the future, I can be assured of the following: Much like a participant in The Maze Runner, I am mapping out my Destiny, knowing full well that GOD holds my original blueprints.

The song I chose to share,"Unbreakable" is reminiscent of the future love of my life...the man who will guard my heart with his sincerity. He will be patient as I slowly open myself up to the notion of trusting someone again, after all that I have endured. 

Song: Unbreakable   Artist: Jamie Scott    

During this time of honouring the 12 days, I was blessed with the care of others; some remain unnamed as they helped me out of kindness and wanted nothing in return. 

I leave all of you with this brilliant quote, recently sent to me by my dear friend, Mindy Herman. 

"To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.”
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson 

 I Dedicate this to All of Us who have LIVED! 

Song: I LIVED!  Artist: One Republic    
http://youtu.be/CMStV5KWB_U



I wish everyone the Merriest of Christmas’s and Thank You from my heart to yours, for coming along for the journey!

Blessings, T.L. Alton

6 comments:

  1. its been apleasure to come along with you merry christmas you should be proud

    ReplyDelete
  2. On Christmas Day, I offer up the only gift I have left...the one of "RELEASE."
    Therefore, I grant Release to those that I am no longer bound to, in Hopes that what is left behind in this realm, will bring Happiness and Peace into the next one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lovely,
    Thank you for continuing to share your stories and your thoughts with the world. I appreciate you so very much. Tonya, also thank you for sharing the quote on here of one of my most favourite quotes ever, so sweet of you. I'm glad you appreciate the meaning of that quote so much like I do. Merry Christmas to you Shayla up in the heavens, you are always loved <3 And a Merry Christmas to you Tonya I love YOU Always Xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Dearest Mindy, Your words of love and encouragement have always brought me peace and comfort! I never could have imagined that this Christmas Eve and Day would be the 'best' I have had since losing Shayla! What I have experienced this holiday season was heaven sent and I never felt alone because of the many Blessings that came my way :)
      I encountered someone who taught me the grace in release and I am Finally FREE to Love, pursue my Dreams and Shatter all barriers in order to thrive! My Heart is open to the endless possibilities that will come my way in the New Year <3 I am deeply grateful our beautiful friendship has blossomed and all that we share is from our beloved Shayla! My focus on the tattoo I was honoured with from my daughter, reflects on "Letting Go"... Yet you are someone special I bring with me into 2015! I Love You Sweetie :) Xoxoxox

      Delete
  4. Tonya you mean so much to me. I love you with all my heart <3
    Rest In Peace Always Shayla as you fly up in the heavens with the Angels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mindy for your love and friendship throughout the past few years of getting to know you <3 Your caring words and beautiful remembrance of Shayla is what connects us together! I carry your own loss and grief in my heart and know that I Love You for everything we have shared Xoxox

      Delete

Please feel free to post a comment. Remember after you have written something, please click on the options given, press continue and then click on PUBLISH. Thank You :)