Wednesday, December 10, 2014

On the Fourth Day of Christmas - Nakamouw ~Sing





Video Tribute to Shayla Rae Dawn Driver

~ Song: Ocean Floor Artist: Gianna Jessen 

 Please Click on Link >>> http://youtu.be/50g7I_IE17g

Today, I spent hours transferring over old snapshots of Shayla, in order to make a video memorial tribute to this remarkable young girl. I have decided to post this early as I have several things planned to remember Shayla on December 12th…the third anniversary of her passing. 


The course of time has numbed the scars, but never will I ‘get over the death of my child.’ With my upcoming surgery and recent health crisis, I am very aware of the everyday “Blessings” I have been given.  Like the places I have travelled all over to release pebbles in my daughter’s honour. Or those who have paid tribute to a girl they never even knew - instills in me a utopia of affinity. One in which a missing piece of my heart now appears bent, instead of broken. 

After two years of posting about the cause and inspiration of Shayla’s rock passions, I have come to know of nearly three hundred pebble releases… from all corners of the world. For every time I have composed the stories behind each one, it’s as if an angel has come from the heavens and graced the ripples made in my daughter’s memory. 

This year’s acknowledgment of December 12th, honours her relationship with God and the beauty of her Aboriginal roots. I know from all of the extraordinary signs I have received that somewhere in the midst of the afterlife, Shayla is singing from a blazing comet…

“Live your life so that the fear of death can never enter your heart...Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and in the service of your people...Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none. When you arise in the morning give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself...When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose lives are filled with the fear of death… that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a Hero… going home.” 
- Live Your Life,  Tecumseh –Shooting Star


With Every breathe I take, I’ll be Missing You…


By T.L. Alton

5 comments:

  1. thank you for doing such amoving video it takes your breathe away its great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your compassionate reply! It took many hours to put this video together but deeply worth the beautiful results in the tribute made to my daughter <3 Thank you for taking the time to watch it and add your kind remarks!

      Delete
  2. Tonya you are one beautiful person! It is amazing what you have done to remember and honour your beautiful Shayla <3 I love the video you've created, it's so lovely :* Thank you with all my heart for sharing. And thank you for sharing the song/poem at the end.... Live Your Life: Tecumseh - Shooting Star. It's all very inspiring.There is no doubt that Shayla lived a life so fully with passion, love, and grace. She is an Angel watching over. And I am sure Shayla knows how much you love her.
    I love you Always XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your friendship always instills in me how very blessed I am to have you in my life! You truly get the meaning of all I create in Shayla's memory <3 She would be so thrilled that you and I have maintained our connection from across the miles :) Yes, indeed I have my angel watching over me and still sharing the love we have for one another! Many Hugs! I Love You dearly! XOXOX

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post a comment. Remember after you have written something, please click on the options given, press continue and then click on PUBLISH. Thank You :)