Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Heliotrope



 
Angel given to me on September 11, 2013 by Maureen- Owner of Angelic Teapot, White Rock, BC

 Some Gave All – Billy Ray Cyrus
*WARNING* Some alarming images in Video






Stained Glass 

I sat at the beach today
Bags of pebbles in hand...
I came to pay tribute to every child, woman and man
Those who's Souls were imprinted with two numbers: 9/11
I wondered what their lives were like, before they entered Heaven
I thought of the sons, whose legacies- would be all that would survive
and how one single day, dust came to represent their lives
I imagined the mothers with shattered families, left to weep
The little girls, now without fathers, to protect them while they sleep
I felt a tug at my heart for those grandmothers-their tears spread out for miles
My thoughts reflected on the daughters... whose fathers once walked them down the aisles
The grandpa's- who's fishing poles, have begun to rust
I bowed my head, for the fallen heroes of uniforms, in which we entrust 
Now I sat with my toes in the sand, carefully paying tribute to every child, woman and man
The glints in the pebbles were vivid in colour; reminding me of stained glass
Where thousands of Souls were imprinted, to always remind us of our tragic past...
As the tides grew closer to claim back the land, I folded my hand in prayer for every child, woman and man.

By T. L. Alton 


Susan McDonnell’s painting- Mourning


4 comments:

  1. Tonya You are such a Good Person...You have a Heart of Gold, Always thinking of other people and what they're going through. I am so Lucky to know You!! I Truly Treasure You!
    I Love You with all my heart!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3
    Love and Hugs!! Always Mindy XOXOOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You continue to be a ray of light in my world <3 I am humbled by your kind words, yet I know where my babygirl is...she has many other angels with hearts of gold-those who perished in 9/11. Such a tragedy of great magnitude that 9/11 was, those responsible could not take the Love that continues to surround those, who suffered unfathomable losses. It is important for each of us to treasure the sincere blessings in our lives. I Love You Always, My Friend XOXOXOXOX,HUGS, Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh my friend....I love you! Shayla is with the other Angels who are taking care of her up in heaven. Love Love Love XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing poem the families of those impacted by that horrible day would honoured by this . I love the rocks and what they mean to you and that some are from Shayla's collection .

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post a comment. Remember after you have written something, please click on the options given, press continue and then click on PUBLISH. Thank You :)