Friday, December 11, 2015

Gratitude is a Healer



Plato believed that every soul has a companion star it returns to after the death of a loved one, if you lived a moral life. ~ Age of Adeline



1460.97 Days without you. A thousand tears fallen from my eyes. Hundreds of prayers said. Endless screams at the water… You died and I was left behind. 
Yet, we have come a long way- A bond that has never been broken. A ricochet of love that was forged in my womb. You died… but I have Survived. 

Your legacy carries on. I see you on the sands of Las Caletas . Your spirit lives upon the mysterious ruins of Machu Picchu. In a pond outside of Hertfordshire, you play. In the firmament on the Island of Maui, you are a butterfly. In the cultural diversity of the Yukon, dancing amongst the flares of Northern Lights- is the essence of who you are. There are no boundaries for you. Though your soul went up to the Heavenly Father on December 12, 2011, the pebbles are pieces of who you were- on this earth. I see you in a sea cave in Portugal or amongst the waters of Cape Town. Your memory lives on in the bench that bares your name, where I can sit… close my eyes and see you dancing freely. I saw you this summer, in the eyes of a deer standing in front of me, under the slivers of the moon. Later, I envisioned you in the Perseid meteor showers radiance, as I gazed heavenwards.
 
On December 12th, 2011, I had a Police Officer tell me you died. Yet four years later, I have never felt you more alive- in the cause created to honour who you were and what you stood for. When I have felt my heart wearing thin, you whisper in God’s ear, “Please tell my momma that I returned home as your Daughter and one day we will be reunited in Peace.”





I Can only Imagine. 

When words are not enough, my testimony of Faith has seen me take solace- knowing that our lives carry on in ways- only possible thru Our Creator. 



Over the years, the signs I have received have been “Miracle Moments”… where God has planted them in my life, to help ease the deep ache of my loved one’s passing. It is His way of reminding me of what my babygirl and I shared together. 

This summer saw a shift in the realms of me dealing with death. Through the GriefShare course I have facilitated for 12 weeks, I have come to see the funeral of death itself, take place. I have risen from my lamenting and stopped entertaining what I have lost. “If you lose something, you don’t know where it is-I know where my beloved Shayla is- in paradise, waiting to someday be reunited with me. 

The veil of my bereavement between Heaven and earth has been removed by the Lord. Since this has occurred, I have been granted assurance that although my heart won’t ever be the same, it is no longer shattered into a million pieces. I now recall the 21 years you lived- not solely the day you met your maker. 



1460.97 Days without you. I no longer fear this day. I endure the heartache. I break free of the images forever caught in time. You are not the lifeless body on a stretcher. You are in every corner of this world. This experience does not define me. What does, are the stories written from the hands that once held you. 



By TL Alton

9 comments:

  1. Tonya that is amazing. I can't believe how strong you are and the energy you have. I am sure Shayla feels you and the bond you both still share and the love. You are a lovely person xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Mindy Herman who commented. Sorry my name never went through. Love you.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful friendship we have shared Mindy XO I was gifted such a loving, lifetime friend in YOU!! Thank you from my heart to yours in sharing your kind words with me! I look back on all that has transpired in my life and I have been blessed with such an extraordinary, caring and supportive group of 'Sisters', who I consider family. Shayla knew I would be lonely without her, so she made sure you walked into my world, just when I needed it the most! XO
    I Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tonya ,amazing ,shayla is so proud of her great mother . I have never known a bond like yours so much love both of you wanting so much for the other . it warms the heart to remember all the great times you gave shayla, the adventures and stories you both had shared take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The moment I held her- my rainbow child- in my arms, I knew extraordinary things would unfold and they did. Tonight, 4 years later since her passing,I now held a white candle in my hands for Shayla. My heart smiled when I thought about all of the continual signs I receive from the Heavens. I became a better mother because of her unselfish love for me, I learned an abundance of lessons in life and the beauty of grace thru forgiveness. Many things have been taken from me in my life...Shayla remains in my heart eternally. I Thank you for your caring comment. She is missed by many, loved Always, yet the stories still continue thru the 'Miracle Moments' I am blessed to have! Her favourite part from the movie "Ghost" was at the end when he say's: "It's amazing, Molly. The love inside... you take it with you."

      Delete
  4. This is my second Reply first one did not work lol This blog is beautiful you share a special bond like no others and I love that you share your miracle moments on your blog. Love you my friend
    Michelle (( hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You So Much for your efforts in posting a comment!! I read them all and answer every one :) I could never imagine sharing such sweet sentiments after 4 years of Shayla's passing, yet the kindred connection we have is indeed, Heavenly Xo I am sincerely grateful for your kind words; especially about my precious 'miracle moments!" This past weekend honouring and in remembrance of my babygirl saw me blessed with more amazing times! I Love You and sending Big HUGS!! Xox

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post a comment. Remember after you have written something, please click on the options given, press continue and then click on PUBLISH. Thank You :)