Thursday, January 10, 2013

Healing Time

“I’m here. I love you. I don’t care if you need to stay up crying all night long, I will stay with you. There’s nothing you can ever do to lose my love. I will protect you until you die, and after your death I will still protect you. I am stronger than Depression and I am braver than Loneliness and nothing will ever exhaust me.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love



This past week I had to take some downtime for myself, away from my blogging. Being away last year for a month, in the midst of moving, then dealing with the holidays saw me have alot on my plate. In unpacking our belongings, I was once again forced to contend with the fact that my daughter is gone.
What I had not expected was how our former home is now being made with a different vision. In setting up our personal space, Shayla is in every corner...now though in a way reflective of good memories. In dealing with her collection of Betty Boop, pebbles, and other effects, I have been creative in honouring her beautiful soul.
The process of going through everything once again has at times been overwhelming, intrusive and challenging. In the past, I have trudged through it and ignored my own well-being as I had time lines to meet. Now, I am creating space for me; filling corners with my passion for reading, scrap booking and photography. What I have found, is healing in a way that is restoring my spiritual self; focusing on things that need to be set right instead of being fixed. The difference is I will never heal from losing my only child, but I will let the wounds repair themselves. I accept that my invisible band-aid will from time to time, be ripped off and expose me to the pain all over again. Right now I am walking into unknown territory; one in which I am freely open to concentrate on me and embrace the solitude. I have to continue to keep the promise I made to my daughter...if anything ever happened to her, that I would carry on and live, rather than give up!
As much as I have wanted to blog all week and share, I had to allow myself the time to sit in my pj's, slowly unpack and settle into new beginnings. Of course, I plan on returning to my writing as that is my main reason for reaching to others. I am filled with thankfulness to those who have let me know that I am not forgotten either. In the meantime, the best thing for me to do is to put myself first, knowing The Heart Pebble Movement continues on.
By T L. Alton











4 comments:

  1. you have done well with our home it looks good & will take time to put the finshing touches to it . Take time to chill theres no rush i love you paul xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My gratefulness is for your patience as I slowly get through mounds of memories suspended in time. I Love You Dearly XOX

      Delete
  2. Tonya I remember you sharing the story with me of when you and Shayla were in Disneyland together, and Shayla expressed to you that if anything would ever happen to her she would want you to stay in good spirits. Shayla's spirit will always live on. I love you XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Mindy, you are correct. Shayla Always wanted the best for me and I was in the top of her prayer chain, I'm sure <3 Everyday brings something new, a different struggle, a form of grief and yet I have received much grace in knowing my babygirl and I shared alot on our last trip together to Disney world. Looking back I was gifted 'answers' that have given me the strength to carry on. Thank You as my someone who cares,for the friendly reminder <3 I Love You too! Xoxoxox

      Delete

Please feel free to post a comment. Remember after you have written something, please click on the options given, press continue and then click on PUBLISH. Thank You :)