Thursday, February 20, 2014

A larger-than-life Release



Remember- that imagination is the faculty of the spirit-when it suggests new pathways to us; we are being invited to explore the territory of the soul, in ways that will certainly change and re-enchant us 
~ Caitlin Matthews 


I held in my hand, a clear piece of quartz - the crystal symbolizes energy, and it facilitates people to focus more. Utilized as a meditative device, quartz is believed to uplifts one’s spirit through concentrating on prayers or thoughts. It is used to assist those needing a fine balance between emotional needs and voids.
For those following my blog, the intricate meaning of quartz in my life was inspired by my daughter’s rose quartz heart, which was with her when she passed away. 

This January, a pebble release took place…but not before it embarked on a journey, as it travelled along the magical island of Maui. From lush bamboo forests, the coiled highway Road to Hana, along the stretch of golden sand beaches and cascading waterfalls… a heart shaped Fluorite pebble, went on many unrestrained adventures.


I have personally always been drawn to the intriguing properties of Fluorite, as it is said to absorb and neutralize negative vibrations. It is known as:  “The Stone of discernment.” 


“When resolutions are being sought, it helps in decreasing your emotional involvement in a situation.  Often in life there are times you can't see the forest for the trees. Fluorite enables you to step back in order to achieve more clarity. The veil of illusion is removed thus allowing order to clear the chaos, making way for new things. Fluorite is symbolic of the integration of a person connecting with the Universal Spirit.  It assembles the purity of character and imparts on our soul that it is time to release and let go.”

It is because of these qualities, that this momentous pebble release has a revered importance for me. In relation to the changes in life I have undergone, I envision myself immersed in a tub filled to the brim, with a thousand of these mystifying gemstones. 

Friends of mine, TJ and Dean Wallis, spent two months away from their home in the Northern region of the Okanagan, exploring the unparalleled beauty of Maui. This trip of a lifetime was connected to discovering what the entire island had to offer.

In between following TJ’s blog, connecting in emails, and along with phone conversations, I was well informed of the pebble that she carried with her. 

I was delighted to hear of the many fascinating places that both her and her husband visited, in making several attempts to release the gemstone. Boundaries were pushed in their daring quests and at times I must admit, I was concerned for their safety. The last thing I wanted to hear was how Dean had rode a palm leaf down a 60 ft waterfall, trying to release the pebble! Yet, I could tell they were both dedicated to the task at hand and were having fun while doing so. 


If anything I have come to understand about The Heart Pebble Movement, it always seems to take those involved, on an unforeseen spiritual journey. I have often wondered if it is the metaphysical attributes of the stone or the symbolism of each one, which bares its final release into the world.  Maybe, the philosopher Plotinus’s reasoning-the human mind is only a reflection of a universal reality- embodies the pebble’s ultimate destination. 

From over 275 freed pebbles, crystals and gemstones all across the earth, no two have been alike. A variety of professions, religious beliefs, cultural and people of all ages have taken part in The Heart Pebble Movement. As I have journeyed through different places, friendships and relationships, releasing those along the way…the pebbles transition has mirrored the changes I have had to accept. 

The powerful significance of TJ and Dean’s release in Maui occurred within a sacred place to me. It is on the island of Maui, where I witnessed the butterfly in the cloud formations on what would have been Shayla’s 22nd birthday…next week my beloved daughter would have been turning 24 years old. Every year, I still do celebrate the extraordinary day she came into this world, my precious babygirl that brought such light and love into many people’s lives. 



Upon viewing the video where TJ is sharing the Fluorite pebble and Dean is videotaping it, a swell of emotions spilled into tears, as TJ gently held my hand across their kitchen table. This is a woman who has nurtured me when I have been hurt, heard my anguish when I was betrayed, and taken all of my broken bits- looked me straight in the eyes and said: “Do Not let anyone ever have any power over You!” She values me a friend, extends compassion to me when I have needed it and gifted me in ways that only those who appreciate her, can understand. 

WATCH THE VIDEO ON YOU TUBE OF THIS AMAZING PEBBLE RELEASE>>>
 http://youtu.be/9WpIZEHhl98 

My daughter Shayla and I have been featured in Okanagan Woman Magazine; I have provided house and pet care for TJ and Dean, in addition to having worked in their business. One solid value about them is their dedication to their friends, family, work and community that continues to inspire me.

I see this special pebble release as a means to new beginnings. A sign of things to come which frees me and has me take back my life on the ledge of uncertainty. 

Possibly-unknown to my friends who took part in many adventurers in Maui- is that a heart shaped piece of Fluorite was helping each one of us, to let go of things far beyond our control.

By T L Alton 
*Photographs and Video submitted by TJ and Dean Wallis 

9 comments:

  1. Tonya, you have definitly explained how and what each of these pebbles have meant to you and how they make such a deep impact on this journey you are on. Thank you for sharing. Wow! TJ did an amazing tribute to that pebble she released in honor of Shayla andd yourself. I am so thankful you have her in your life as she has and is a true Earth Angel in this journey of yours. May she be continuly be blessed with such an amazing calling. Love and Hugs and many Blessing sent your way .......Leeann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely comment <3 Thank you for sharing your thoughts! TJ was very humble about the release, so I wanted to share how beautiful of an impact it had on me and how grateful I am for all she has done for me (: It is because of her and Dean that I had the opportunity to pursue the Dreams I am now seeking! Her calling is to reach out to others through her own words in Okanagan Woman Magazine and impact the lives of others in a positive way. As much as she paid tribute to me with participating in The Heart Pebble Movement...I wanted to give back in return with this post (-: Much Love & Light, my friend

      Delete
  2. WOW!! That was an amazing beautiful tribute to Shayla I loved how the streak of sunshine flashed down in the video the moment you tossed the pebble!! Love reading your blog Tonya .. Maui is a beautiful place <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for your fantastic reply :) Yes, another friend of mine noticed the beam of 'sunlight' too and we both smiled, knowing the presence of my sweet Angel Shayla is always near <3 Every time I visit Maui, there is Always something so heavenly about the area!

      Delete
  3. Well, friend, you know I am not the emotional sort, but sometimes you force it out of me, dontcha?! Thank you for all the nice things you said, though, clearly neither Dean nor I are THAT fabulous. :-) I am honoured to have had the opportunity to participate in the Heart Pebble Movement and to release a pebble in such a beautiful place .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, your very reserved...as usual :) All the two of you have done for me is lead me to new possibilities, for this I give credit where it is due, my friend! I am thrilled your pebble release was videotaped as another friend also did the same. It lends to the heart of what the movement is all about <3

      Delete
  4. This is a Lovely Tribute and very well written as usual:) The photos and video are Phenomenal with a very Special meaning and Memory behind them! I Love how the pebble was travelled to so many Wonderful places and now the pebble has a unique story behind it. Thank You Ever so much for sharing TJ, Dean and Tonya. TJ and Dean it sounds like you had the most Amazing time on your journey!! I would like to send a Very Special Thank You to TJ and Dean for welcoming me into your home in January, while Tonya was Housesitting/Pet care sitting for you guys. Tonya and I had the most Beautiful Memorable time ever and her and I will Always Remember it! TJ and Dean I also love your home and your precious animals you have. I want you both to know how much I appreciate you having me come and stay in your home. Thanks again so much. With Love <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful comments Mindy, as usual <3 Thank You for expressing your love and gratitude for all that we shared together when you came for a weekend visit (-: Indeed, we had a brilliant weekend, filled with much laughter! TJ and Dean were most gracious in letting me house guests while they were away! I had many fabulous times and lots of great memories (: Love & Light

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You Tonya for your kind words! We did have the most unforgettable time ever! You're Wonderful! :) I look forward to sharing many more adventures with you! ;) Have the most Brilliant time in Maui, you totally deserve it! Wish I could jump on a plane and meet you there:) I wish you Love and Laughter <3

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post a comment. Remember after you have written something, please click on the options given, press continue and then click on PUBLISH. Thank You :)