Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Gypsum Rae Photography Notecards



“Life does not slowly seep its way into my world; rather it comes in a multitude of waves, taking at will…while permeating my Soul with its mere existence.” ~ TL Alton 



I have always been drawn to the carousel; the perpetual design of motion going up and down, while the main foundation swirls around in circular movements, is something I can relate to.
Carousels are commonly populated with mounted displays of horses, but can include varieties of zebras, tigers, or mythological creatures such as dragons and unicorns. 

I relate well to the merry-go-round amusement ride consisting of a rotating circular platform. It draws the rider in, to relive a part of childhood and innocence lost.  Used as an analogy of my life, it relays the often ups and downs, I have experienced. 

In the past months, I have searched for new employment and another vehicle, as mine was no longer road worthy. I spent months trying to find the perfect job and a reliable car, I could afford. In my quest, I brought to my local mechanic a series of vehicles that did not pass the test. I grew tired as both looking to secure new transportation and a job, was wearing me down. 

Within the past few days, the cycle of positive change that I embrace, overflowed into my life. A job, connected to my love of the Victorian era, world travellers and an 1898 Heritage home, was given to me. The flexible schedule lets me pursue my writing and a new venture I have started, Gypsum Rae Photography Notecards.  Here is the link to check out a full description on my website that shares my inspiration.  



With regards to a vehicle, my landlord brought to our residence, an older white, Chevy Lumina. He made all of the prior arrangements for the sale of the car, as I am on a limited budget. He also took it in and had repairs done to ensure it was road worthy. I came home to find it in my driveway and held back my tears of joy! 

Those who know me are assured, it will be given a new name and possibly a bumper sticker or two, will be added to the back :) 

On another high note, after fourteen years of working on my novel, Under the Sitka Tree, I am nearing the end of edits, with only one chapter left to finish. This novel has been a friend, seeing me through some of the worst afflictions I have encountered- including the loss of my daughter, Shayla. 

Recently, it occurred to me of the significance of completing the book in May. Many life impacting things throughout the years, have occurred during this month, most of which are connected to Under the Sitka Tree. 

There is a beautiful quote which is associated with the importance of my novel.

A son or daughter is born on that day and at that hour when the celestial rays are in harmony with his or her individual Destiny.
— Sri Yukteswar

The birthstone of May is emerald -said to bring good luck to travelers and are known to calm storms at sea. One of May's birth flowers is the hawthorn. Hawthorns symbolize hope because they signal the return of spring. Early Christians associated hawthorn with Joseph of Arimathea, owner of Christ's tomb. Medieval legends say he traveled to England and planted a hawthorn staff in the ground at Glastonbury. The staff sprouted to produce a "Holy Thorn," said to bloom on Christmas Day.


All of the above in some unique form- plays out in a variety of circumstances- on the pages of my book, connected to a majestic Sitka spruce tree. 

the "Three Sisters" Sitka trees



With the recent cycle of new beginnings occurring, I embrace the CHANGES I have had to make. In order to experience the latest carousel ride, I have had to set free things and people I once loved, with all my heart.


As I climb upon my mythical unicorn, I will hold on tight to the indefinite adventures that lay ahead. 

In my hand will be the key of FAITH that has seen me through one wild, unprecedented ride! 

By TL Alton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post a comment. Remember after you have written something, please click on the options given, press continue and then click on PUBLISH. Thank You :)